COVID-19 – Latest Information
Please see the following information to keep you updated with what’s going on at the church:
- Sunday Services – We are delighted to reopen for in-person services, Sundays at 10:30am, with provision for children and young people, as well as music, prayers and Bible teaching. Please book your place in advance by contacting the church office and remember to bring your own Bible, face covering (unless exempt) and coffee flask (should you want it). For those unable to attend or book, please catch the service live on our YouTube Channel
- Prayer & Praise Outdoors – With restrictions now allowing outdoor singing on church premises, we warmly invite you to join us for some live musical worship and prayer at Aylesham Baptist Free Church, 4pm on Sunday 18th July. Weather permitting of course! If you have any song requests, please let Andrew know.
- Mid-Week Prayer – We will continue to have alternating meetings on Tuesdays between our Prayer Broadcast on the YouTube Channel, and Prayer Gathering with Aylesham Free Baptist Church (via Zoom) both at 8pm. Check the Events page for dates and more details.
- Mid-Week Discipleship – We have Discipling Groups meeting virtually during the week for Bible study, prayer and pastoral support. Find out more on our Discipling Groups page.
- Hub Café – We are excited to say that we are officially open again for outdoor seating every Thursday and Friday from 11am until 2pm. Cakes, pasties, hot meal and hot drinks will be back on the menu, and we will be Pay as you Feel as before. We will also still be offering free food parcels to those who need them on these days. Please get in touch with Vicky Butcher for more information.
- Renew 11 – Our quiet, shared space promoting mental well-being with rhythms of prayer, activities and non-judgmental company. Fridays at 1pm at the church. Email Rachel to book your space or for more information.
This is another challenging season for us all but we trust in God who has got us through before and still has all of creation in His very stable and reliable hands. Jesus reminds His disciples, “I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:20b) So “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” (Galatians 6:9-10)
Hello and welcome to Canterbury Baptist Church! We are delighted to offer this brief introduction to you, just a taste of what God is doing here. Enjoy your read and please make a visit sometime.