We have an exciting job opportunity here at CBC. Please have a look at the information below, with links to documentation and how to apply:
Canterbury Baptist Church is looking to employ a Registered Nurse in a paid position to lead their new Parish Nursing Service. This innovative service, supported by Parish Nursing Ministries UK, aims to improve and maintain the wholistic health and wellbeing of local people, specifically using the Community Hub space for this purpose.
The Parish Nurse role includes:
- Delivery of envisioned health services, specifically addressing Mental Health
- Personal Health Screening, Information Advice & General Health Education
- Referral Agent and Health Advocate
- Forming a team, Training and Co-ordinating Volunteers
- Liaising with other local services and current networks
- Providing spiritual care
- Supporting the wider health, safety and risk management of the church and congregation
- Working towards the sustained provision of this service beyond one year
Full training and support for revalidation is provided. This post requires the person to offer spiritual care and prayer when requested and it is therefore a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the applicant to be a practising Christian.
Hours: 8 hours per week
Salary: £15 per hour (plus travel & subsistence)
Start Date: 4th November 2019
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2019
Interviews will take place in Canterbury on: 30th September 2019
To apply please send a letter of application setting out how you meet the requirements the post, together with an up-to-date CV to Rev Andrew Fitzgerald, at the email address: [email protected]
Please also address any questions to Andrew at the above email address.